To assist with the coordination of the Department’s youth programmes and initiatives to ensure the successful implementation to support the positive growth and development of the Territory's youth population.
- Support the delivery and implementation of the unit’s projects and programmes in line with the Department’s Medium Term Strategy and approved strategic plan and implementation agenda.
- Contribute to the development, review, implementation and evaluation of projects, programmes, polices, and legislation to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the Department.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and their networks to ensure the effective coordination and delivery of programmes, schedules and relevant events.
- Assist with educating stakeholders and the general public on the Department’s policies, processes, programmes and projects.
- Assist with the mobilization of resources to support the Department programmes and projects.
- Assist with developing and maintaining the relevant databases and systems to support the management of relationships with stakeholders.
- Assist with the preparation of the unit’s reports and the management of the unit’s data to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the Department.
- Attend meetings, workshops and training sessions as instructed to ensure awareness of any change in policies or procedures which may be relevant to your role.
- Provide advice to youth and community partners on the Department’s policies, legislation, processes, programmes and projects, and support youth-led agencies in the delivery of their programmes.
- Perform any other related duties as required by the immediate supervisor or any senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Youth Development, Social Sciences or a related field
- Four (4) years’ experience in programme planning and implementation
- Professional Membership(s) with recognised local, regional, or international youth association or body (optional)
- Sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, ordinances, legislation, policies and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of youth work administration and development; and programme coordination and administration
- Good knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
- Sound analytical and decision-making skills
- Sound oral and written communication skills
- Sound interpersonal and organisational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure