The successful applicant will assist with the coordination of the Department’s sports programmes and initiatives to ensure the successful implementation to support the positive growth and development of sports in the Territory.
- Support the delivery and implementation of the unit’s projects and programmes in line with the Department’s Medium Term Strategy and approved strategic plan and implementation agenda.
- Contribute to the development, review, implementation and evaluation of projects, programmes, polices, and legislation to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the Department.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and their networks to ensure the effective coordination and delivery of programmes, schedules and relevant events.
- Assist with educating stakeholders and the general public on the Department’s policies, processes, programmes and projects.
- Assist with the mobilization of resources to support the Department’s programmes and projects.
- Assist with developing and maintaining the relevant databases and systems to support the management of relationships with stakeholders.
- Assist with the preparation of the unit’s reports and the management of the unit’s data to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the Department.
- Attend meetings, workshops and training sessions as instructed to ensure awareness of any change in policies or procedures which may be relevant to your role.
- Provide advice to sports and community partners on the Department’s policies, legislation, processes, programmes and projects, and support sporting organisations in the delivery of their programmes
- Perform any other related duties as required by the immediate supervisor or any senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Department.
- Bachelor’s degree in Sports Administration, Social Sciences, Public Administration or a related field
- Four (4) years’ experience in programme planning and implementation
- Professional Membership(s) with recognised local, regional, or international sporting association or body (optional)
- Sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, ordinances, legislation, policies and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of sports administration and programme coordination and administration
- Good knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
- Sound analytical and decision-making skills
- Sound oral and written communication skills
- Sound interpersonal and organisational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure