The successful applicant supervises the security and custody of inmates to ensure correct policies and procedures are being adhered to and the efficient and effective functioning of the Prison.
- Performs the following duties to ensure that no inmates escape lawful custody or conduct any unlawful activities in prison:
a. Ensures inmates are accounted for at all times.
b. Performs searches of the cells and on inmates when required.
c. Ensures that the security gates are locked at all times and no unauthorized person(s) enter the wing.
d. Supervises inmates’ daily activities.
e. Updates all diaries or journals and submits written reports as required.
f. Ensures that all inmates are searched on return to prison wings and Inspection of inmates prior to leaving Prison’s compound for community appointments.
- Assists in the admission of new inmates to appropriate cells in accordance with established procedures to ensure appropriate supervision.
- Attends meetings, workshops and training sessions as instructed to ensure awareness of any change in policies or procedures which may be relevant to your role.
- Reports all breaches of security and prison rules.
- Ensures that proper hygienic procedures are adhered to at all times. (ensure applicable to the prisoners)
- Performs any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One (1) year related experience
- Basic knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Basic oral and written communication skills
- First AID/CPR Training
- Basic knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
- Good knowledge of prison security procedures
- Good interpersonal skills
- Basic analytical and decision making skills