The successful applicant will supervise the security and custody of inmates to ensure correct policies and procedures are being adhered to and the efficient and effective functioning of the Prison.
- Performs the following duties to ensure that no inmates escape lawful custody or conduct any unlawful activities in prison:
- Ensures inmates are accounted for at all times.
- Performs searches of the cells and on inmates when required.
- Ensures that the security gates are locked at all times and no unauthorized person(s) enter the wing.
- Supervises inmates’ daily activities.
- Updates all diaries or journals and submits written reports as required.
- Ensures that all inmates are searched on return to prison wings and Inspection of inmates prior to leaving Prison’s compound for community appointments.
- Assists in the admission of new inmates to appropriate cells in accordance with established procedures to ensure appropriate supervision.
- Attends meetings, workshops and training sessions as instructed to ensure awareness of any change in policies or procedures which may be relevant to your role.
- Reports all breaches of security and prison rules.
- Ensures that proper hygienic procedures are adhered to at all times. (ensure applicable to the prisoners)
- Performs any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One (1) year related experience
- Basic knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Basic oral and written communication skills
- First AID/CPR Training
- Basic knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
- Good knowledge of prison security procedures
- Good interpersonal skills
- Basic analytical and decision making skills