Submitted by SGibbs on 7 October 2021 - 11:43am
Internal Position No.:
JR 68 of 2021
1. Answer, screen and transfer calls appropriately, record messages and distribute them to officers to ensure a timely and adequate flow of information.
2. Perform clerical and data entry functions.
3. Update and maintain information on computer systems, databases and spreadsheets and in archives.
4. Assist in processing paperwork, gathering information and verifying data.
5. Greet and assist visitors and clients in a friendly and professional manner to facilitate effective communication and customer service.
6. Ensure that all correspondence is collected, delivered and recorded appropriately to facilitate effective information flow.
7. Assist with the filing of correspondence to keep filing up to date so that complete records are available for reference.
8. Assist with the preparation of meetings and presentation materials.
9. Assist with maintenance of minor office equipment to ensure a well-functioning work environment.
10. Provide clerical support by completing all photocopying, scanning, binding and typing in a timely manner to facilitate the effectiveness and efficiency of the Ministry/Department.
11. Assist with records management, organisation and retrieval of documents.
12. Perform any other related duties as required by the Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Ministry/Department.
Skills and Competencies
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Three (3) years relevant working experience or in a related field
• Sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
• Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment
• Working knowledge of relevant computer software applications
• Sound knowledge of general office procedures
• Sound time management and organisational skills
• Sound oral and written communication skills
• Sound interpersonal skills and ability to work as a team player
Thursday, 21 October 2021