Submitted by SGibbs on 12 April 2021 - 12:16pm
Internal Position No.:
GG 3 of 2021
The successful applicant will assist with frontline and clerical duties to ensure professional customer service is provided to the Department and to the public at all times.
1. Answer, screen and transfer calls appropriately, record messages and distribute them to officers to ensure a timely and adequate flow of information.
2. Perform clerical and data entry functions.
3. Update and maintain information on computer systems, databases and spreadsheets and in archives.
4. Assist in processing paperwork, gathering information and verifying data.
5. Greet and assist visitors and clients in a friendly and professional manner to facilitate effective communication and customer service.
6. Ensure that all correspondence is collected, delivered and recorded appropriately to facilitate effective information flow.
7. Assist with the filing of correspondence to keep filing up to date so that complete records are available for reference.
8. Assist with the preparation of meetings and presentation materials.
9. Assist with maintenance of minor office equipment to ensure a well-functioning work environment.
10. Provide clerical support by completing all photocopying, scanning, binding and typing in a timely manner to facilitate the effectiveness and efficiency of the Ministry/Department.
11. Assist with records management, organisation and retrieval of documents.
12. Ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the Virgin Gorda Office, including:
a. Maintaining and reconciling the collection of cash.
b. Screening and collecting applications for passports and visas.
c. Registration of weddings, births, and issuance of all certificates.
d. Assisting with the interview process of marriage licences.
13. Process Apostilles for legalisation by the Registrar General or his/her designate.
14. Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Ministry/Department.
High School Diploma or equivalent
Three (3) years working experience
Valid BVI driver’s licence, if applicable
Sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment
Working knowledge of relevant computer software applications
Sound knowledge of general office procedures
Sound time management and organizational skills
Sound oral and written communication skills
Sound interpersonal skills and ability to work as a team player
Monday, 26 April 2021