Submitted by SGibbs on 12 April 2021 - 12:31pm
Internal Position No.:
GG 4 of 2021
The successful applicant will assist with frontline and/or courier duties, to ensure professional customer service is provided to the Ministry/Department and public at all times.
1. Answer, screen and transfer calls appropriately, record messages and distribute them to officers to ensure a timely and adequate flow of information.
2. Perform clerical and data entry functions.
3. Update and maintain information on computer systems, databases and spreadsheets and in archives.
4. Assist in processing paperwork, gathering information and verifying data.
5. Greet and assist visitors and clients in a friendly and professional manner to facilitate effective communication and customer service.
6. Ensure that all correspondence is collected, delivered and recorded appropriately to facilitate effective information flow.
7. Assist with the filing of correspondence to keep filing up to date so that complete records are available for reference.
8. Assist with the preparation of meetings and presentation materials.
9. Assist with maintenance of minor office equipment to ensure a well-functioning work environment.
10. Provide clerical support by completing all photocopying, scanning, binding and typing in a timely manner to facilitate the effectiveness and efficiency of the Ministry/Department.
11. Assist with records management, organisation and retrieval of documents.
12. Perform various messenger duties including:
a. Delivering and collecting mail/documents to and from various Government and private organisations and members of the House of Assembly in accordance with the established guidelines and Standing Orders.
b. Maintaining the Department’s vehicle according to the Office Procedural Guide and the Motor Vehicle Procurement and Use Policy Government of the Virgin Islands, 2010.
13. Perform any other related duties as required by the Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Ministry/Department.
High School diploma or equivalent
One (1) year working experience
Valid BVI driver’s licence (if required)
Basic knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
Good oral and written communication skills
Basic knowledge of the use of standard office equipment
Working knowledge of relevant computer software applications
Basic knowledge of general office procedures
Good time management and organisational skills
Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as a team player
Monday, 26 April 2021