Submitted by ACorbin on 28 January 2016 - 2:21pm
Internal Position No.:
08 of 2016
The successful applicant will develop, coordinate and direct Public Relations activities for the Department in order to enhance the awareness and services of the Department.
- Represent the Government at conferences, seminars, exhibitions and other public forums in order to effectively and efficiently promote the Territory.
- Respond to media inquiries in a timely manner and make appropriate referral in order to maintain a good working relationship with media reports and editor both locally and internationally.
- Assist with the preparation of press releases, editorial and advertising to ensure effective Public Relations management.
- Liaise with overseas public relations/business communication firms in their promotional activities in order to gain assistance in the Public Relation activities of the Government.
- Maintain online media resources and achieves are maintained in order to be used for future reference.
- Observe local and international press in order to monitor the image that the BVI is portrayed in which may impact on current or future Public Relation activities.
- Attend meetings, workshops and training sessions as instructed to ensure awareness of any changes in policies or procedures that are relevant to the role.
- Assist with end-to-end development and management of all media outreach programmes in order to meet Department objectives efficiently.
- Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communications, Public Relations, Business Administration or related field
- Four (4) years related experience
- Excellent knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Sound knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, policies and procedures
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
- Excellent knowledge of all media equipment
- Excellent analytical and research skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
Friday, 12 February 2016