Submitted by SGibbs on 8 October 2021 - 4:35pm
Internal Position No.:
32 of 2021
The successful applicant will maintain, advise and supervise any maintenance and repair work within the school buildings in order to maintain all premises at the required standard.
1. Ensure the smooth and efficient operation of schools’ maintenance unit and the supervision of assigned staff.
2. Secure the services of skilled workers when necessary and act as a liaison between contractors and the Ministry in order to facilitate school projects effectively.
3. Advise the Ministry on designs for new buildings and any renovation works and advice on the plans that are submitted for this in order to facilitate effective management of the school and Ministry.
4. Maintain the school buildings and prepare relevant reports on the physical condition of public schools in order to keep the buildings in a satisfactory condition.
5. Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
Bachelor’s Degree in Building Construction or Project Management
Three (3) years’ experience in construction management or project management
Sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
Sound knowledge of maintenance and project management
Sound knowledge of standard practices, tools, materials, equipment and methods of the trade
Sound knowledge of Building Construction and Maintenance
Good interpersonal and supervisory skills
Sound analytical and decision-making skills
Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and related computer applications
Sound organisation skills
Sound oral and written communication skills
Wednesday, 20 October 2021