To investigate and resolve labour disputes, complaints or questions involving employer and employee relationships and promoting harmonious relations between employers and employees.
1. Receive and record disputes, complaints or questions filed by employees and employers and ensure that follow-up occurs to resolve the matter.
2. Conduct investigations, including inspections at the workplaces or job sites, when necessary, for better understanding of the case.
3. Communicate with both disputing parties to avoid misunderstandings of the issues.
4. Mediate the dispute by keeping communications opened, between both parties, to reach a voluntary settlement.
5. Initiate further steps, as needed, to promote a settlement as may be set out in any Law, agreement, or administrative directives including transmitting unsettled disputes to the Labour Commissioner.
6. Draft and type correspondence and proof-read various documents ensuring accuracy.
7. Prepare relevant reports on the activities of the assigned area.
8. Maintain records relevant to the unit and ensure that filing is kept up to date so that complete records are available for reference.
9. Assist with the development and implementation of policies and procedures, as needed, for the improvement of the Dispute Unit.
10. Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.