The successful applicant will assist with the technical, personnel and administrative management of the incinerator plant to ensure that the department’s objectives are efficiently executed and to an acceptable standard.
1. Develops and implements training programs for new all personnel to ensure that new personnel understand the necessary policies and procedures.
2. Manages the activities of the facility and inform the manager of plans, activities, accomplishments and necessary improvements in order to meet objectives.
3. Keeps abreast of developments in the field of quality improvement and quality assurance.
4. Attends meetings, workshops and training sessions as instructed to ensure awareness of any change in policies or procedures which may be relevant to your role.
5. Coordinates meetings and events, attend, record and report minutes as required.
6. Schedules major maintenance and repair programmes and assumes shared responsibility for on call emergency maintenance or repairs to the incinerator plant and equipment to ensure the effective and efficient running of the incinerator plant.
7. Formulates and implements maintenance, safety, cleanliness and record keeping procedures as required to ensure that tasks are completed using the same methodology and standard.
8. Submits reports as required to the Manager to ensure effective information flow.
9. Performs any other duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officers in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the unit
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Certified Plant Operator/Technician
Training in mechanics
Three (3) years working experience in a mechanical related field in a supervisory position
Sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
Sound knowledge of incinerator plant operations
Sound supervisory and organisational skills
Good oral and written communication skills
Good interpersonal skills