The successful applicant will provide technical and analytical support to the AML/CFT Implementation Unit by assisting the Head of the Unit, and coordinating with the Unit’s administrative personnel, to ensure proper review and implementation of the recommendations emanating from the Virgin Islands’ National Risk Assessment (NRA) and compliance with international AML/CFT standards in preparation for the next Caribbean Financial Action Task Force’s Mutual Evaluation of the Territory.
- Ensure the efficient and effective functioning of the AML/CFT Implementation Unit by providing technical and administrative support in the management of the daily operations, and assist with the development of the Unit’s plans, goals, objectives and systems.
- Review and analyse all data and information to the ensure relevance and accuracy.
- Provide guidance in the implementation of recommendations to ensure compliance with AML/CFT legislation and policy.
- Collect, process, store, disseminate, and protect data received by the Unit to ensure proper keeping and the appropriate movement of information.
- Analyse and interpret data received from the Competent Authorities (CAs) and Law Enforcement Agencies (LEAs) in relation to the implementation of recommendations emanating from the NRA Report, to ensure compliance.
- Review and analyse Action Plans received from CAs and LEAs to determine their levels of risks, and identify any gaps in relation to implementation of the recommendations by the relevant agencies to ensure timely compliance.
- Liaise with all relevant CAs and LEAs to discuss Action Plans and progress toward addressing identified deficiencies;
- Conduct sectoral reviews based on the findings of the NRA Report to ensure compliance with the recommendations made within the report;
- Synthesise data to recommend allocation of resources to areas of greatest ML/TF risk.
- Prepare reports and provide updates on the execution of submitted Action Plans.
- Serve as Recording Secretary and resource personnel for the National Anti-money Laundering and Terrorist Financing Coordinating Committee.
- Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration/Management, Finance or related field;
- Six (6) years’ experience in a realted field
- Three (3) years’ professional experience in the field of AML/CFT preferably at a national level
- Excellent knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, procedures and policies
- Excellent knowledge of international affairs and global political and economic issues
- Excellent analytical skills in diplomacy, protocol and negotiation
- Excellent knowledge of financial systems, practices and procedures
- Excellent understanding of the BVI Economy, particularly the Financial Services and Tourism industries
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent leadership and management skills