Submitted by SGibbs on 17 December 2018 - 2:28pm
Internal Position No.:
GG 21 of 2018
The successful applicant will perform record management and clerical duties in an efficient and competent manner to ensure the daily operations run efficiently.
- Maintain and manage the filing system to ensure accurate and well-organised document management for the Ministry, including:
- Bring up files for action, forward to relevant officer and put away all files
- Create new files and volumes as required, record on and maintain file index
- File incoming correspondence on appropriate file, cross-reference as necessary
- Maintain reference book and record file movement
- Retrieve files for members of staff and request overdue files as necessary
- Review files to ensure all outstanding matters have been dealt with and take necessary action
- Provide general records management assistance to the Ministry
- Archiving inactive files
- Answer, screen and transfer calls appropriately, record messages and distribute to officers.
- Provide professional frontline service to clients.
- Administer and maintain systems and records ensuring the security of data.
- Assist with photocopying, typing, drafting and proof-reading of routine correspondence as necessary to assist officers in performing their jobs appropriately.
- Maintain and assess the records.
- Assist with the recruitment process by preparing employment applications for review by departments.
- Prepare relevant correspondence to applicants to ensure the recruitment process runs efficiently.
- Monitor the Department’s general email account and perform the necessary actions to ensure all correspondence is addressed in a timely manner.
- Perform any other duties as required by the supervisor or management in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Certificate in Records Management (preferred)
- Three (3) years related experience
- Good knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of Records Management
- Good knowledge of the use of standard office equipment
- Good knowledge of relevant computer software applications
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal and organisational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
Monday, 7 January 2019