Submitted by SGibbs on 17 November 2022 - 2:24pm
Internal Position No.:
110 of 2022
The successful applicant will provide assistance to the Human Resources Manager or equivalent to ensure all relevant HR related matters within the Unit are handled.
- Assist with ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of the Human Resources Unit through management of daily operations and supervision of assigned staff.
- Draft relevant correspondence and reports ensuring a quick turnaround and proof-read various documents ensuring accuracy.
- Administer and maintain systems ensuring security of confidential personnel data.
- Provide up-to-date advice on HR related matters, procedures and regulations, to help staff carry out their daily operations.
- Schedule, organise and prepare material and minute departmental meetings to ensure accurate and timely preparation of documentation.
- Assist in maintaining and up to date electronic database of existing employees' profile using the payroll system.
- Serve as Desk Officer for selected Ministries by assisting in the appointment of suitably qualified officers and assist with the resolution of Human Resource related matters.
- Research and prepare documentation to advise the relevant Commission.
- Prepare employment contracts.
- Coordinate and deliver orientations and staff development / training and workshops to ensure employees obtain up-to-date knowledge.
- Ensure timely accurate completion of the appraisal process, promoting a positive attitude, from goal setting for new recruits to monitoring performance of employees.
- Coordinate salary administration to ensure accurate credits, deductions and payments are made on time and recommend compensation packages for new recruits and employees.
- Research, analyse and prepare reports (including employee profiles) and advice.
- Monitor temporary/probationary appointments and contract terms periodically and notify Permanent Secretaries/Heads of Departments of end dates for further action.
- Review HR matters involving devolved grades.
- Coordinate the on-boarding of new employees.
- Adhere to relevant policies and procedures applicable to salaries and allowance entitlements and examine personnel files to determine employment status, ensuring accurate payments are made.
- Arrange for the development, implementation and maintenance of ongoing public education and information programmes.
- Arrange and implement internal and external media activity in conjunction with the Department of Information and Public Relations to ensure appropriate communication of key messages.
- Perform any other duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officers in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the unit
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration/Management, Public
- Administration or related field
- Three (3) to five (5) years related experience
- Sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Sound knowledge of JD Edwards Accounting Software
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
Thursday, 1 December 2022