The successful applicant will perform graphic design duties in support of public relations campaigns, Government policies, programmes and initiatives to ensure consistent high standard of publications and effective communications.
1. Liaise with approving officer to discuss assignments to ensure accuracy and timely completion.
2. Inform relevant personnel of any delays to assignments to ensure flow of information.
3. Liaise with approving officer to check accuracy of completed assignments to ensure department quality standards are maintained.
4. Prepare various reports on the activities of the unit.
5. Monitor the inventory of design supplies to ensure adequate stocks are maintained and available for use.
6. Prepare publications as required.
7. Prepare and typeset camera-ready design assignments as required.
8. Deputise in the absence of the Graphic Supervisor.
9. Train and recommend appropriate training of staff as necessary.
10. Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Department.
Bachelor’s degree in graphic production or a related field
Two (2) years working experience in a related area
Valid BVI driver’s licence
Sound knowledge of the Government structure, policies and procedures
Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Application (Work and Excel) as well as Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop,
InDesign, Illustrator, Flash) and/or Coral Graphic Suite (Draw, Photo Paint, Trace, Rave)
Excellent knowledge of elements and principles of design with a keen attention to detail and a strong visual sense
Excellent knowledge of visual interpretation, image selection, colour theory, font selection and content distribution
Sound analytical skills along with a strong artistic/creative capacity, originality and flexibility
Knowledgeable of market trends and design
Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Ability to work well under pressure
Sound interpersonal and organisational skills