Submitted by SGibbs on 5 May 2020 - 11:32am
Internal Position No.:
6 of 2020
The successful applicant will advise the Minister of Finance on all matters pertaining to fiscal policy and the financial management of the Territory’s monetary resources.
- Serve as the Government’s chief financial advisor to the Minister of Finance and ensures the effective implementation and monitoring of the Ministry’s policies.
- Develop and implement strategic plans.
- Oversee the Budgetary administration to ensure proper financial control and procedures are being followed during compilation of Operating and Capital Budgets, so that informed advice can be given on the appropriate legislative measures to affect Government’s policies as presented in the Budget.
- Advise the Minister of Finance on Public Debt to ensure it is managed efficiently and effectively in the best interest of the Government.
- Serve as the Accounting Officer for the Ministry of Finance.
- Prepare and manage the Ministry’s Annual Budget.
- Ensure that legislation under this Ministry is reviewed and upgraded periodically so that legislation is always consistent, up-to-date, and current.
- Ensure the facilitation and organisation of financial arrangements with multilateral banking instructions including local commercial banks and financial institution for the benefit of the Government.
- Act as Chief Liaison Officer between Government and the National Development Bank of the Virgin Islands to ensure that all operations, policies and legislation pertaining to the National Development Bank are formulated and operated within Government’s stated policies and priorities.
- Ensure that the Social Security Board adheres to established policies and procedures in carrying out their functions to ensure compliance with procedural guidelines so that it remains relevant and responsive to the needs of the contributors.
- Advise the Director BVI Ports Authority on the formulation of policy and implementation of policy recommendations to assist the Director in making informed decisions.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management and administration of the Ministry to maintain the efficient delivery of services across the departments under the Ministry of Finance’s portfolio.
- Ensure the preparation and submission of Performance Planning and Appraisal Report for all staff.
- Identify job specific and environmental factors and develop, where applicable, implement and promote the health and safety policies. Mitigate and minimise workplace hazards.
- Perform any other duties as required by the Honourable Minister of Finance in accordance with established policies as they relate to financial administration and management.
- Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Ten (10) years managerial experience in Public Finance or related field
- Expert knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Expert knowledge in management, finance, accounting, economics and planning statistics
- Expert knowledge of relevant laws, policies and regulations
- Expert knowledge of budgeting, international marketing and foreign policy
- Expert knowledge of relevant financial software packages and computer applications including electronic spreadsheet, database and graphics
- Expert analytical, negotiating, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent leadership and management skill
Friday, 3 July 2020