Submitted by SGibbs on 11 February 2019 - 4:17pm
Internal Position No.:
16 of 2019
The successful applicant will supervise the day-to-day operations of the Financial Unit to ensure that the department is functioning to the highest possible standard.
- Supervise the junior staff within the Financial Unit to ensure that the Unit’s objectives are met.
- Post journal vouchers prepared by the junior staff within the Unit.
- Update and reconcile the assigned bank accounts to ensure financial records are accurately recorded.
- Maintain supplier’s address book information to ensure that this information is up to date.
- Ensure suspended accounts are cleared and system entries are balanced in order to close accounting periods.
- Draft and type correspondence and proof-read various documents ensuring accuracy.
- Sign processed cheques so that payments are made in a timely manner.
- Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Four (4) years related experience
- Sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Sound knowledge of relevant laws, regulations and policies
- Excellent knowledge of financial software packages
- Excellent knowledge of accounting, finance and debt management
- Sound oral and written communication skills
- Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
Monday, 25 February 2019