Submitted by SGibbs on 25 November 2021 - 1:58pm
Internal Position No.:
JR 73 of 2021
1. Ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the department through administrative and/or secretarial support.
2. Answer, screen and transfer calls appropriately, record messages and distribute to officers.
3. Provide professional frontline service to clients.
4. Administer and maintain systems and records ensuring the security of data.
5. Coordinate meetings and events, attend, record and report minutes as required.
6. Maintain records relevant to the specific department and also keep filing up to date so that complete records are available for reference.
7. Assist with research as required.
8. Draft and type correspondence and proof-read various documents ensuring accuracy.
9. Provide clerical support by completing all photocopying, scanning, binding and typing in a timely manner to facilitate the effectiveness and efficiency of the Ministry/Department.
10. Perform any other duties as required by the supervisor or senior officers in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
Skills and Competencies
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• 3 years’ experience in a related field
• Typing speed 35-45 wpm
• Sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
• Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
• Sound oral and written communication skills
• Sound interpersonal and organisational skills
• Ability to work well under pressure
Wednesday, 8 December 2021