The successful applicant will provide secretarial and administrative support in an efficient and effective manner to ensure professional customer service is provided to the department and to the public.
1. Ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the department through administrative and/or secretarial support.
2. Answer, screen and transfer calls appropriately, record messages and distribute to officers.
3. Provide professional frontline service to clients.
4. Administer and maintain systems and records ensuring the security of data.
5. Coordinate meetings and events, attend, record and report minutes as required.
6. Maintain records relevant to the specific department and also keep filing up to date so that complete records are available for reference.
7. Assist with research as required.
8. Draft and type correspondence and proof-read various documents ensuring accuracy.
9. Provide clerical support by completing all photocopying, scanning, binding and typing in a timely manner to facilitate the effectiveness and efficiency of the Ministry/Department.
10. Perform any other duties as required by the supervisor or senior officers in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
1. Develops and maintains effective working relationships within and outside the team
2. Manages relationships with others in a team, including your manager
3. Manages self to ensure conduct meets departmental standards
4. Maintains work activities to meet requirements including quality
5. Organises and maintains information
WORKING CONDITIONS/ ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS
Normal office environment
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalency
- Five (5) years’ experience in a related field
- Sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
- Sound oral and written communication skills
- Sound interpersonal and organisational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure