The successful applicant will coordinate and administer the examination function of the Ministry of Education to ensure the territory’s educational standards are tested and validated in accordance with local, regional and international educational standards, requirements, policies and procedures.
1. Ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the Examinations Unit and the supervision of assigned staff.
2. Collect, analyse and collate data for local, regional and international examinations to ensure the proper management and dissemination of data.
3. Collate examination results and statistical data to ensure the efficient and effective reporting and management of data.
4. Compile exit and graduation results and statistical data for Grades 6 and 12 to track and monitor levels of success and progress.
5. Plan and oversee the security and administration of the relevant national, regional and international examinations to main standards and validity.
6. Maintain records of the examinations, results and statistical data to ensure access the maintenance and security.
7. Provide training and workshops for invigilators and teachers as required to ensure consistency and standards in the examination process.
8. Act as registrar for regional and international examinations to ensure smooth and efficient registration process.
9. Identify, supervise, evaluate and maintain best practices in assessment methodologies and tools, and make recommendations for improvements.
10. Research and prepare reports to support effective decision making and the provision of advice.
11. Attend meetings, workshops and training sessions as instructed to ensure awareness of any change in policies or procedures which may be relevant to the role.
12. Liaise with and advise the essential bodies and represent the Ministry at events and meetings as necessary.
13. Organise and coordinate seminars, conferences, meetings and events to ensure the communication of information.
14. Attend regional and international seminars, meetings, conference and events that minutes are recorded and reported, including CXC National Committee and CXC Secondary Examination Committee (SEC).
15. Perform any other related duties as required by supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Ministry.
Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Educational Assessment or related area/discipline
Five (5) years’ experience working in the respective subject area/discipline and/or in a supervisory capacity
Relevant globally recognized professional certification(s)
Excellent knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
Excellent knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, procedures and policies
Expert knowledge of educational assessment and testing mythologies and tools
Excellent knowledge of effective structure and functioning of Education systems
Excellent knowledge of the assigned educational area/discipline
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Excellent knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and relevant computer applications
Excellent analytical and decision-making skills
Sound interpersonal and organisational skills
Ability to work well under pressure