Submitted by SGibbs on 17 November 2022 - 2:07pm
Internal Position No.:
109 of 2022
The successful applicant will provide counselling and support services to Government employees and provide operational and administrative support.
1. Ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the Unit through management of daily operations.
2. Provide frontline assessment, counselling and referral services by helping employees, supervisors and Department Heads to settle work-related conflicts through providing advice, and recommending solutions to administration when repetition of individual problems indicate negative trends.
3. Perform confidential intake and screening with individual employees and / or departments for work and non-work related issues and conflicts, triages and review intake in consultation with supervisor in order to resolve issues.
4. Coordinate and / or plan scheduling of client appointments, mediation, department presentations, training and related functions in an efficient and professional manner to ensure these occur on a timely basis.
5. Provide employees with Employee Assistance Programme Service information and provide relevant referral information on community resources; coordinate service-wide departmental advertising, promotion of services and distribution of materials to ensure shared knowledge of EAP services.
6. Ensure that confidential files and records are updated and maintained securely, ensuring that ethical and legal guidelines are maintained.
7. Perform as a mediator or co-mediator for mediation in work-related disputes as assigned to ensure the flow of communication continues and matters can be resolved.
8. Supervise and train clerical, support and intern staff in performance of programmatic and administrative activities to encourage the flow of knowledge and techniques.
9. Assist in conducting and documenting exit interviews with employees separating from the Public Service in a professional, timely and effective manner.
10. Ensure the administration of the unit runs smoothly by efficiently preparing reports and/or minutes, correspondence and ensuring that EAP and other wellness education materials are accessible to all.
11. Perform any other duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officers in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the unit.
- Master’s degree in Psychology, Counselling or another social science related field
- Two (2) years human resources or counselling experience
- Mediation or Alternative Dispute Resolution Training
- Sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of applicable policies, regulations and laws
- Expert personal counsellor in a wide range of personal and work-related areas
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information
- Interviewing, psychological / development evaluation, conflict resolution and mediation skills
- Excellent knowledge of psychosocial interviewing and counselling techniques
- Excellent knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
Thursday, 1 December 2022