Submitted by ACorbin on 22 June 2017 - 9:17am
Internal Position No.:
37 of 2017
The successful applicant will provide counselling and support services to Government employees and provide operational and administrative support.
- Ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the Unit through management of daily operations.
- Provide frontline assessment, counselling and referral services by helping employees, supervisors and Department Heads to settle work-related conflicts through providing advice, and recommending solutions to administration when repetition of individual problems indicate negative trends.
- Perform confidential intake and screening with individual employees and / or departments for work and non-work related issues and conflicts, triages and review intake in consultation with supervisor in order to resolve issues.
- Coordinate and / or plan scheduling of client appointments, mediation, department presentations, training and related functions in an efficient and professional manner to ensure these occur on a timely basis.
- Provide employees with Employee Assistance Programme Service information and provide relevant referral information on community resources; coordinate service-wide departmental advertising, promotion of services and distribution of materials to ensure shared knowledge of EAP services.
- Ensure that confidential files and records are updated and maintained securely, ensuring that ethical and legal guidelines are maintained.
- Perform as a mediator or co-mediator for mediation in work-related disputes as assigned to ensure the flow of communication continues and matters can be resolved.
- Supervise and train clerical, support and intern staff in performance of programmatic and administrative activities to encourage the flow of knowledge and techniques.
- Assist in conducting and documenting exit interviews with employees separating from the Public Service in a professional, timely and effective manner.
- Ensure the administration of the unit runs smoothly by efficiently preparing reports and/or minutes, correspondence and ensuring that EAP and other wellness education materials are accessible to all.
- Perform any other duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officers in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the unit.
- Master’s degree in Psychology, Counselling or another social science related field
- Two (2) years human resources or counselling experience
- Mediation or Alternative Dispute Resolution Training
- Sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of applicable policies, regulations and laws
- Expert personal counsellor in a wide range of personal and work-related areas
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information
- Interviewing, psychological / development evaluation, conflict resolution and mediation skills
- Excellent knowledge of psychosocial interviewing and counselling techniques
- Excellent knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
Thursday, 6 July 2017