The successful applicant will serve as a primary desk officer for conducting all inspections on entities to ensure their compliance with standards for tax information exchange and other international tax initiatives undertaken relevant to the International Tax Authority.
1. Assist in planning inspections of BVI Business Companies, Trusts and other entities to determine their compliance with relevant laws to ensure availability for information exchange particularly their maintenance of accounting records.
2. Conduct inspections/examinations according to established programme to ensure that all examination objectives are met.
3. Prepare reports on all examination finding and ensure that findings are adequately documented; make recommendations as applicable.
4. Conduct all relevant research on matters of compliance and prepare periodic reports for management as required.
5. Interpret research findings and prepare relevant topics for further discussion and decision making.
6. Process all incoming information from entities to ensure accuracy and compliance with the relevant laws.
7. Draft, type and proofread various documents to ensure accuracy.
8. Communicate with relevant local, regional and international agencies for information.
9. Organise and co-ordinate travel, seminars, conferences, meetings and events as needed.
10. Attend meeting, training session or workshops as instructed to ensure awareness of changes to policies of procedures relevant to the role; record and report minutes as required.
11. Maintain relevant records and keep data up to date so that complete records are available for reference.
12. Any other related duties as may be required by the supervisor or senior officers in order to contribute to the effective and efficient function of the ITA.
Qualifications, Skills and Competencies
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Public Administration, Management or a related filed
• Two (2) years of related experience
• Sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
• Good knowledge of applicable laws, regulations and policies
• Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
• Good knowledge of quantitative research methods and data analysis
• Good knowledge of international affairs and global political and economic issues
• Sound oral and written communication skills
• Good analytical and decision making skills
• Sound interpersonal, organisational and time management skills
• Ability to work well under pressure and as a team