Submitted by ACorbin on 19 June 2017 - 4:41pm
Internal Position No.:
MOF 05 of 2017
The successful applicant will collect payments due to the Inland Revenue Department to ensure taxpayers have paid all taxes due to the Government.
- Review tax files to ensure full tax compliance.
- Manage tax arrears list to ensure payment is collected fully.
- Prepare authorisation letters to Collection Agency to permit collection of tax arrears.
- Monitor payment agreements, including meeting with taxpayers to ensure payment of taxes via agreeable terms.
- Report to supervisor arrears to be dealt with by the Court to ensure legal proceedings are initiated.
- Attend meetings, training sessions and workshops as instructed to ensure awareness of any change to policies and procedures relevant to the role.
- Perform any other duties as required by the supervisor or senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
- Associate’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or related field
- Three (3) years working experience in a related area
- Valid BVI driver’s license
- Sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Sound knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment
- Working knowledge of relevant computer software applications
- Sound interpersonal and organisational skills
- Sound oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Sound supervisory skills
Friday, 30 June 2017