The successful applicant will manage the department to ensure the effective and efficient functioning of the Survey Department.
1. Ensures the smooth and efficient operation of the department and the management of assigned staff.
2. Undertakes the functions of the Survey Department in order to maintain the efficient delivery of services.
3. Manages and trains all staff assigned to the Survey Department to ensure their understanding of the functionality of Government, ceremonies and legislation.
4. Researches, analyses and prepares reports and provide advice.
5. Liaises with Cartographer for up to date status of CIMS and Survey Plans to ensure efficiency.
6. Liaises with Senior Surveyors to determine the status of survey request to ensure they are being handled in a timely manner.
7. Continues to improve the method of processing, storing and presenting land related data to ensure efficiency.
8. Optimally uses natural resources to accrue the tools required to function efficiently.
9. Serves as the Accounting Officer for the Survey Department.
10. Prepares and manages the Department’s Annual Budget.
11. Ensures the preparation and submission of Performance Planning and Appraisal Report for all staff.
12. Develops and implements strategic plans.
13. Identify job specific and environmental factors and develop, where applicable, implement and promote the health and safety policies. Mitigate and minimise workplace hazards.
14. Performs any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department
Bachelor’s degree in Land Surveying or equivalent
Seven (7) years in senior management within the Public Service
Excellent knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
Expert knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures
Good knowledge of Government budget and accounting procedures
Expert knowledge of land and engineer surveying aspect of development planning
Good knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and relevant software applications
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Excellent analytical, negotiating, interpersonal and organisational skills
Excellent research and report-writing skills
Excellent leadership and management skills
Ability to work well under pressure