The successful applicant will provide administrative support to the case file management unit by serving as a liaison to the courts, law firms and law enforcement agencies and providing support to Counsel.
- Ensure that case files received are accurately entered into the relevant database and brought to the attention of the Director.
- Ensure that all vetting and advice forms between law enforcement agencies and the department are accurately processed in a timely manner.
- Provide assistance with record keeping and the archiving of files.
- Ensure that all court lists and relevant court documents are distributed to the appropriate Counsel and the necessary staff.
- Maintain all court logs and calendars as directed by the Legal Office Administrator.
- Perform any other duties as required by the supervisor or senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
- Associate’s Degree in Criminal Justice, Political Science or Social Sciences
- Five (5) years working experience with a law firm or court office
- Typing speed 35-45 wpm
- Sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
- Sound interpersonal and organizational skills
- Sound oral and written communication skills