The successful applicant will provide assistance to the Cabinet Secretary to ensure accurate recording of minutes at the meetings of Cabinet, National Security Council and the Virgin Islands Corps Council.
- Draft minutes to ensure timely preparation and circulation prior to meetings and ensure that action points are completed where required.
- Maintain accurate physical and electronic records of meetings and minutes and ensure that documents are available for use when requested.
- Provide research support as required.
- Ensure that all supporting documents and/or updates are circulated prior the commencement of meetings.
- Draft, type and proof-read various documents ensuring accuracy.
- Assist the Cabinet Secretary in the development of the Cabinet Operating Guidelines to assist with the ongoing expansion of the department.
- Manage and maintain a master Action Items Log to be used as a monitoring tool of the Office and update the Log weekly after confirmation of minutes.
- Assist in providing information on the procedures involved in the conduct of relevant meeting business.
- Provide support in the development of training material on specified meeting processes.
- Performs any other duties as required by the Cabinet Secretary or designated officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Law or Public Administration
- Five (5) years’ experience in a management capacity
- Sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Sound knowledge of the role of Parliament, Cabinet and associates processes and procedures
- Sound knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, policies and procedures
- Ability to maintain strict levels of confidentiality and demonstrate values and principles of integrity
- Good knowledge of protocol procedures
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Sound analytical and decision-making skills
- Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent oral and written communication skills