1.Ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the Unit through management of daily operations by assisting Ministries and Departments with the preparation of their annual and supplementary budgets.
2.Conduct site visits to verify financial information with regards to capital projects to ensure accuracy.
3.Process reallocation warrant applications and prepare reallocation schedules.
4.Administer and maintain systems and records ensuring security of data.
5.Conduct budgetary research assignments ensuring diligent performance.
6.Process requests for de-reservation of funds in a timely manner to ensure funds are available to be re-directed.
7.Prepare monthly reports on the analysis of government accounts for management information process.
8.Handle compensation matters, including processing vehicle accident and personal injury claims.
9.Process requests by public officers for personal advance of salary and car loans and make recommendations to the Financial Secretary to ensure appropriate circumstances.
10.Perform any other duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officers in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the unit.
Skills and Competencies
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Mathematics, Finance or related field
• One (1) to two (2) years related experience
• Good knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
• Good knowledge of relevant laws, regulations and policies
• Good knowledge of financial software packages
• Good knowledge of accounting, finance and debt management
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Good knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
• Good analytical and decision-making skills
• Good interpersonal and organisational skills
• Ability to work well under pressure