The successful applicant will ensure the proper operation, maintenance and development of the water system in the Virgin Islands.
1.Ensure the smooth and efficient operations of the unit and the supervision of assigned staff.
2. Perform some administrative duties including keeping a daily log of tasks, preparing reports, preparing material and supply lists based on job requirements.
3. Assist with general repairs, building, installation, moving, and maintenance projects.
4. Report mechanical and electrical problems to the supervisor and assist in alleviation of such problems to ensure these are remedied in a timely manner.
5. Assist with the coordination of meetings, training sessions and workshops to ensure awareness of policies and procedures.
6. Assist with water operations and maintenance activities.
7. Construct manholes, reinstate roads and other concrete structures.
8. Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Department.
High School diploma or equivalent
Trained in carpentry/joinery/masonry
Five (5) years’ experience in woodwork, carpentry and general building maintenance
Certificate in woodwork/carpentry
Good knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
Sound knowledge of standard plumbing and construction practices, tools, materials, equipment and methods of the trade
Sound knowledge of carpentry/masonry
Sound knowledge in general building maintenance
Good interpersonal skills
Ability to work with minimal supervision
Good oral and written communication
Sound supervisory skills