The successful applicant will assist in drafting, editing and organizing content intended for publication and assist in the maintenance and monitoring of the department website to ensure effective and efficient information flow.
1. Assist in editing, proofreading, organising and drafting and/or securing content intended for print or electronic publication to ensure that it meets department standards when it is submitted for design work.
2. Assist in conducting research, formulating press notices, drafting new releases and assist with the planning and implementation of public relation activities to ensure effective publicity for activities and the Government.
3. Assist in collecting, organising, updating and uploading materials for department and Government publications and websites to ensure effective information flow between departments, Government and the public.
4. Respond to local and overseas email enquiries in a timely and professional manner to ensure good customer service.
5. Assist in the setup of displays to present work of the department and other activities to enhance the public’s knowledge of the department and its activities.
6. Compile and submit weekly reports on the department website users and usage in order to monitor the impact of the website.
7. Perform any other duties as required by the supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
Associate degree in Mass Communications, Liberal Arts, Computer Science or relevant experience
One (1) year experience in Mass Communications or related filed
Sound knowledge of the Government structure, policies and procedures
Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment
Good knowledge of the relevant computer software applications
Good time management and organisational skills
Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as a team player
Good oral and written communication