1. Provide up-to-date advice of HR related matters, procedures and regulations, including succession planning, promotions, acting appointments etc., to internal and external clients to ensure all queries are handled in a professional and timely manner.
2. Assist with administration of the recruitment process to ensure the best candidate is employed and assist with the thorough on-boarding of new employees.
3. Prepare correspondences, periodic reports and various documents on human resources activities (including monthly leave reports).
4. Administer and maintain systems ensuring security of confidential personnel data.
5. Assist with administering staff development training, workshops, unit’s activities and events to ensure employees maintain up-to-date knowledge. Schedule, organise and prepare materials and minute departmental meetings to ensure accurate and timely preparation and documentation.
6. Interpret applicable legislation regarding salaries and allowance entitlements and examine personnel files to determine employment status, ensuring accurate payments are made and administer salary administration to ensure accurate credits, deductions and payments are administered on time.
7. Monitor the expiry dates for temporary appointments and ensure that recommendations are received.
8. Liaise with the relevant ministries, departments and other agencies to obtain relevant data.
9. Review and create reports on incidents and accidents in compliance with the Health and Safety Policy.
10. Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
Skills and Competencies
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration/Management or related field
Three (3) years working experience
Excellent knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Sound knowledge of relevant accounting applications
Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
Excellent analytical and decision-making skills
Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
Ability to work well under pressure