The successful applicant will provide efficient and effective administrative support to the unit to ensure all HR related matters are dealt with professionally and in accordance with Public Service Values.
- Deliver and implement a range of administrative and support services that are moderately complex in support of the unit’s operations in accordance with established service standards, goals and objectives.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of presentations, training courses, and workshops to clients within area of function.
- Prepare communications to share information and promote activities, internally and externally using different media to a range of audiences and assist in the delivery of presentations to clients.
- Research, collate, compile, organise and edit data and material, as required for inclusion in reports/documents.
- Participate in the development and implementation of policies, programmes, and new initiatives that support the strategic direction of the unit.
- Monitor and maintain records and systems ensuring accuracy of data, accessibility and security of confidential information in accordance with internal and external (e.g. legislative) requirements.
- Provide up to date information on HR related matters, procedures, and legislation to internal and external clients to ensure queries are responded to appropriately and that client satisfaction meet and exceed quality standards.
- Support activities related to general administration including, but not limited to: finance, human resources, communications, employee relations, physical resources, records management, governance and legal affairs.
- Organise internal and external activities/events (e.g. meetings, conferences, luncheons, etc.) and administer logistics for committees and relevant persons.
- Establish and foster effective working relationships by identifying needs and providing support in the delivery of services. Assess and resolve problems. When appropriate, inform manager and formulate recommendations.
- Administer employee benefit programmes such as retirement plans, medical plans, accidental death policies, and other optional plans, etc.
- Reconcile and process employee benefits invoices to ensure accuracy of information and the timely payment of premiums.
- Handle inquiries and complaints to ensure quick, equitable, courteous resolution.
- Maintains contact with plan vendors, third-party administrators, employees, beneficiaries and other relevant persons to facilitate proper and complete utilisation of benefits for all employees.
- Act as a confidential resource person for employment relation issues; provide immediate support and problem resolution, escalating problems to line manager as appropriate and seeking appropriate guidance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration/ Management, Public Administration from an accredited institution
- 1-2 years related working experience
- Good knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Working knowledge of JD Edwards or other similar HRIS experience is preferred
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of work related information and materials.
- Ability to prioritise workload and work well under pressure
- Sound analytical and numerical skills. Ability to use statistical and other data to produce high level reports.
- Good planning, organisational, research skills
- Excellent knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and Microsoft applications
- Ability to interact professionally with employees at all levels of the organisation
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work accurately, with attention to detail
- Ability to work pro-actively and under own initiative to ensure that deadlines are met or queries resolved
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to work as a member of a team to ensure excellent service provision levels are met