The successful applicant will provide assistance to the Human Resources Manager or equivalent to ensure all relevant HR related matters within the Unit are handled.
1. Ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the Human Resources Unit through management of daily operations.
2. Draft and type correspondence and proof-read various documents ensuring accuracy.
3. Administer and maintain systems ensuring security of confidential personnel data.
4. Provide up-to-date advice on HR related matters, procedures and regulations to internal and external clients to ensure queries are responded to appropriately.
5. Maintain records and inventory levels for the department ensuring supplies are in stock, liaise with local and overseas suppliers and vendors and prepare requisition ensuring accuracy.
6. Maintain records relevant to the specific unit and also keep filing up to date so that complete records are available for reference.
7. Organise and coordinate travel, seminars, conferences, meetings and events; attend, record and report minutes as required.
8. Assist with the preparation of meetings and presentation materials.
9. Research, analyse and prepare reports as required.
10. Provide full administrative support to the Unit.
11. Maintain up-to-date vacancy listing, and listings of applications for clerical, executive, technical, administrative, and legal fields.
12. Refer applications to Ministries & Departments for scrutiny and short list, and ensure that recommendations are received in a timely manner.
13. Assist with the recruitment of employees to ensure the best candidate is employed.
14. Assist with conducting orientation sessions with new employees.
15. Monitor the expiry dates for temporary appointments and ensures that recommendations are received in a timely manner.
16. Perform any other duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officers in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the unit.
1. Manage your own resources and professional development
2. Manage self to model behaviour in meeting organisational standards
3. Manage your time effectively
4. Provide leadership in your area of responsibility
5. Develop the trust and support of colleagues and stakeholders
WORKING CONDITIONS/ ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS
- Normal office environment
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Management or a related field
- One (1) to two (2) years working experience
- Good knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Sound knowledge of JD Edwards Accounting Software
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
- Good analytical and decision-making skills
- Good interpersonal and organisational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure