1. Provide professional frontline service to clients.
2. Conduct research and prepare periodic reports to the department for management purposes.
3. Draft and type correspondence and proof-read various documents ensuring accuracy.
4. Maintain records and inventory levels for the department ensuring supplies are in stock, liaise with local and overseas suppliers and vendors and prepare requisition ensuring accuracy.
5. Maintain records relevant to the specific department and also keep filing up to date so that complete records are available for reference.
6. Organise and coordinate travel, seminars, conferences, meetings and events; attend, record and report minutes as required.
7. Provide full administrative support to the Ministry/Department.
8. Supervises support team and all accounting functions to ensure that accurate records are maintained.
9. Supervises the daily preparation of purchase orders and vouchers, ensuring that expense records are accurately maintained and orders are made in a timely manner.
10. Ensure the reconciliation of invoices with purchase orders prior to submission to the Treasury Department, ensuring that accurate payments are made.
11. Ensure diligent performance of accounting functions to ensure that accurate records are kept.
12. Assist in the drafting of the annual budget when required to support the Registrar General.
13. Analyse and prepare monthly financial reports and draft correspondences.
14. Liaise with other government Ministries, Departments and external vendors and suppliers on relevant matters when required to ensure efficiency and maintain vendor files.
15. Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Department.
Skills and Competencies
• Good knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Good knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
• Good analytical and decision-making skills
• Good interpersonal and organisational skills
• Sound supervisory skills
• Ability to work well under pressure and with little supervision