The successful applicant will perform and to assist with daily accounting and administrative functions to ensure that departmental accounting and fiscal records are kept and maintained accurately, and that functions are performed in a timely, accurate and professional manner.
- Ensures diligent performance of accounting functions to ensure that accurate records are kept.
- Prepares purchase orders and vouchers within a specified timeframe to ensure that internal records for expenses are accurately kept and orders are made.
- Reconciles invoices and bills to purchase orders before payment so that accurate payments are made.
- Records all accounting transactions in the vote book.
- Assists with the drafting of the annual budget.
- Assists with the preparation of monthly financial statements for the Accounting Officer.
- Prepares and processes the relevant forms and paperwork to complete related financial accounting processes.
- Drafts and types correspondence and reports.
- Researches, analyses and prepares reports.
- Assists with maintaining inventory levels.
- Liaises with other relevant departments and vendors.
- Maintains records relevant to the specific department and keep filing up to date so that complete records are available for reference.
- Issue Government receipts to paying customers.
- Tabulate and reconcile receipts with total money collected and posted to the accounting records.
- Accurately prepare deposit slips and deposit bags to be sent to the bank.
- Provide adequate customer service.
- Performs any other duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officers in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the unit.
- Associate’s Degree in Accounting or related field
- One (1) to three (3) years’ working experience in a related area
- Valid BVI driver’s license
- Good to sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Basic knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures
- Good to sound knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Good to sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment
- Working knowledge of relevant computer software applications
- Good to sound interpersonal and organisational skills
- Good to sound oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Sound supervisory skills