The successful applicant will manage and oversee all functions and activities of the Treasury Department in accordance with Government policies and procedures to ensure departmental objectives are met in a timely and professional manner.
- Ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the department and the supervision of assigned staff.
- Design, develop and implement the Government Accounting System to ensure proper accounts are maintained.
- Advise the Financial Secretary on Government investment opportunities to ensure maximum financial returns are achieved.
- Establish and maintain effective procedures to record receipt and payment of all public monies to ensure Audit regulations are adhered to and accurate records are available for reference.
- Oversee the preparation of the Annual Accounts of the Consolidated Fund and the other Public Funds, ensuring delivery in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepare and deliver financial management reports, special reports, forecasts and statements on a periodic basis.
- Oversee the monitoring of accounts and initiate investigations, informing the Financial Secretary and Internal Audit, into selected areas of revenue and expenditure as required.
- Issue amendments to financial policies and procedures to departments as required.
- Provide accounting services and advice to Departments in connection with the collection of debts and revenues and the expenditure of public monies.
- Serve as the Accounting Officer for the Treasury Department.
- Prepare and manage the Department’s Annual Budget.
- Ensure the preparation and submission of Performance Planning and Appraisal Report for all staff.
- Develop and implement strategic plans.
- Identify job specific and environmental factors and develop, where applicable, implement and promote the health and safety policies. Mitigate and minimise workplace hazards.
- Perform any other duties as required by the Financial Secretary in accordance with established policies as they relate to financial administration and management.
- Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Seven (7) years managerial experience in public finance or related field
- Must possess a recognised professional accounting designation (CPA, ACCA, CA, CIMA, CIPFA)
- Excellent knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Expert knowledge of accounting, banking and finance principles
- Expert knowledge of investment and securities instruments
- Expert knowledge of relevant laws, policies and regulations
- Excellent knowledge of relevant financial software packages and computer applications including electronic spreadsheet, database and graphics
- Expert analytical, negotiating, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent leadership and management skills