Tortola, Virgin Islands (British) VG1120
The Department of Agriculture and Fisheries is a Department under the Ministry of Education, Culture, Youth Affairs, Fisheries and Agriculture of the Government of the Virgin Islands.
The aim of the Department is to ensure that food is safe, nutritionally sound, produced and harvested in an environmentally sustainable manner that builds resilience to internal and external shocks while contributing to economic growth, social well-being and protection of the natural environment.
To be the key agency in the Virgin Islands for food security through the regulation of the agricultural and fisheries sectors to safeguard the sustainability and safety of the Territory’s food supply.
To enable sustainable production, harvest and supply of safe, high quality food to all consumers within the Territory of the Virgin Islands.
We share the ethical values of the Virgin Islands Public Service, and pledge to be:
- Committed - Striving to give our best to every task.
- Responsive - Responding effectively to the needs of our clients.
- Supportive - Upholding all that is valid or right, giving emotional and moral support to clients and staff.
- Respectful - Showing courtesy, consideration, and deference for our clients’ requests.
- Open - Being accessible to all clients and staff.
- Diligent - Serving our clients with professionalism in a practical, conscientious, rigorous, and timely manner.
- Honest - Behaving ethically with integrity, loyalty and candour.
List of Services
List of Forms
What's Happening Within Our Department?
|Rapid Response Fishing And Farming Programme Launched||
25 Mar 2020 - 4:18pm
|Abattoir To Close March 26||
23 Mar 2020 - 2:49pm
|Statement By Dr. The Honourable Natalio D. Wheatley On Economic Stimulus For Fishers And Farmers In Response To COVID-19||
20 Mar 2020 - 6:52pm
|Farmers Invited to USVI AgriFest On St. Croix||
13 Feb 2020 - 11:15am
|2020 Closed Seasons For Fishing||
11 Feb 2020 - 11:30am
|Register Your Dog||
11 Feb 2020 - 10:49am
|Abattoir Holiday Hours||
19 Dec 2019 - 10:32am
|Keep Animals Leashed||
13 Nov 2019 - 3:14pm
|Abattoir Temporarily Closed||
18 Sep 2019 - 5:00pm
|Fishermen And Farmers Meeting On Virgin Gorda||
13 Sep 2019 - 3:22pm
Department Contact Information
To make contact with Department of Agriculture and Fisheries, see below for contact information:
Department of Agriculture and Fisheries
General Office - Paraquita Bay and Virgin Gorda - 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Abattoir - 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Airport - 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
General Office (Paraquita Bay) - 1(284) 468-6123/6124
Veterinary Unit - 1 (284) 468 - 6197
Virgin Gorda Office - 1(284) 468-6506/6507
Airport Office - 1(284) 468-6449