To register for the programme one must complete a registration form. (This can be collected from the Student Services Centre, Department of Education.

1) Individuals who are seventeen years or older who want a second chance to earn a secondary school certificate. 2) Individuals who are legally living and working in the British Virgin Islands for five or more years, started their secondary education and was unable to complete it. 3) Individuals who wish to upgrade their knowledge and skills may register for a single subject.

1) Contact the principal of the school. 2) If you are still dissatisfied with the handling of the complaint, you may speak with the Chief Education Officer.

You can obtain an application form from the Department of Education, First Floor, Administration Complex or at the Help Desk on the Ground Floor, Administration Complex.

By completing the required application form and forwarding it to the Chief Education Officer, Department of Education, Central Administration Complex, Road Town, Tortola, British Virgin Islands. The following documents should accompany the application. (i) Original or certified copy of birth certificate (ii) Original of all certificates and/or diplomas (iii) Four reference letters

Entry level requirements – as a Teacher Trainee: (i) Four GCE O’Level passes at Level C including English Language and Mathematics (ii) Four Grades I, II or III CXC passes at General Proficiency including English Language and Mathematics (iii) Secondary School leaving Certificate Grade 1 or II with at least four Level A including English Language and Mathematics (iv) A combination of (i), (ii) and (iii) or the equivalent including English and Mathematics. 2. Entry level requirements — as a Teacher (i) An Associate Degree in Teacher Education or in a

1) Transfer of students takes place only at the beginning of the academic year except under special circumstances. 2) Enquire from the principal of the prospective school on available space 3) Request transfer from the Principal of the school that your child attends. 4) The transfer certificate is sent by the principal of the school to the Department of Education for final processing. Note: Transfer from a private school to a public school is treated as a new admission to the public school system. (See requirements listed under question dealing with registration)

Applications received during the period January to April of each year are processed for September (private and public) in November are processed for January (Private Only). Applications for students whose parents are issued contracts with the B.V.I. Government will be processed based on the time the contracts are issued.

Children who have attained the appropriate age who are belongers, go directly to the school with the required documents. Students who are non-belongers, go to the Department of Education with the required documents. Applications are received during January to April and November of each year for processing. Documents needed for belonger students: Original or certified birth certificate Updated immunization card issued by a doctor or the Public Health Department

The child should attain 5 years of age by February of the school year of admission.