Liquor License Tax

A temporary or permanent license is issued to a person or body corporate, to sell liquor.

Hotel Accommodation Tax

This service pertains to the proprietor or manager of any hotel, house, apartment, cottage, villa or similar facility that is ordinarily used for providing board and lodging or lodging only for a consideration.  Every proprietor of accommodation shall register with the Inland Revenue Department within thirty (30 days) of commencement of operation.


Cheque Duty Tax

This service is for any licenced financial institution that issues or accepts a cheque or cheque form to be processed.

Inland Revenue Department

The Government of the VI raises revenue through a wide range of taxes, licenses and fees. The government needs to collect taxes in order to pay for school, healthcare, transportation, fire services, police, etc. The Inland Revenue Department which falls under the Ministry of Finance, is charged with the responsibility of collecting payroll tax, stamp duty, self-drive motor vehicle tax, hotel accommodations tax, land & house tax (property tax), liquor licence, cheque duty, and service charges.