P.O. Box 3477
Road Town, Tortola
Virgin Islands (British) VG1110
The Department of Waste Management is primarily responsible for the collection and disposal of solid waste, while protecting human health and the environment by minimizing adverse impacts on all residents and visitors of the Virgin Islands (British). This is done through the development and implementation of effective and efficient waste management programmes.
To provide the Virgin Islands (British) with modern, environmentally sound methods of solid waste management that reflects international standards of waste management practices.
To enhance the natural beauty of the Territory, by utilizing state of the art waste management technology to ensure timely collection, disposal and where possible recycling of waste.
- Providing professional, efficient and courteous service
- Maintaining a safe workplace for our staff
- Conforming to environmental safety guidelines and acceptable waste management practices
- Commercial establishments that generate more than two to three bags of trash are required to take their waste directly to the incinerator facility and are prohibited from utilizing the residential dumpsters.
- Residents are required to take their bulk waste (refrigerators, stoves, mattresses etc.) directly to the incinerator facility and are prohibited from depositing them around residential dumptsters.
- Commercial and construction waste are to be separated prior to being transported to the incinerator, particularly combustible from non-combustible waste.
What's Happening Within Our Department?
|Derelict And Metal Collection Resumes In The BVI||
8 Nov 2019 - 3:29pm
|Repairs To Pockwood Pond Incinerator Nearing Completion||
1 Oct 2019 - 4:11pm
|Honourable Carvin Malone: Pockwood Pond Waste Management Site||
17 Jul 2019 - 3:31pm
|Access Hours To Pockwood Pond Dumpsite Reduced||
5 Jul 2019 - 12:45pm
|Reduced Access At Incinerator To Control Indiscriminate Dumping||
5 Jul 2019 - 12:29pm
|Statement By Minister For Health And Social Development On The Waste Management Strategy Update||
24 Jun 2019 - 4:49pm
|Clean-Up Campaign Moves To Districts 5 And 6||
29 Apr 2019 - 4:26pm
|Derelict Collection Continues On Virgin Gorda||
12 Apr 2019 - 4:38pm
|180 Derelicts Transported Off Virgin Gorda||
10 Apr 2019 - 5:17pm
|Caution On Virgin Gorda Roads During Derelict Collection||
5 Apr 2019 - 4:45pm
Department Contact Information
To make contact with Department of Waste Management, see below for contact information:
Department of Waste Management
P.O. Box 3477
Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Daily 6:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.