No. Public officers are required to use his or her earned annual leave within the year it is earned.

An officer is eligible for 14 days sick leave with pay within a calendar year.

Yes. We know that in order for our programme to be successful officers must have confidence that conversations will remain confidential. No records of visits or counseling sessions will be placed on the officers' personal file. In circumstances where the counselor believes an officer may pose a risk to him/herself or others, or if the court mandates it, our counselors are required to report the situation to the relevant authorities.

Government employees can receive help from the EAP Cousellor by calling the private line at 468-3205 or ext. 3991 or complete and submit an online request form.

Our counselor can help you overcome marital and or family discord, emotional distress, job related stress, alcohol abuse, grieving and loss, concerns about ageing parents, issues with children and more. However in certain situations the EAP Counsellor may refer you to an outside person or agency that can provide the specialised care you may need.

The EAP Programme is a counseling-based confidential service available for employees to help them address a wide range of personal and work-related issues.

You can apply for study leave through the Training Division by completing the study leave application form.

In exceptional circumstances an officer may be granted permission to attend a course outside of the Government's training priority areas. In such cases, an officer may be granted leave without pay and may use vacation leave to which the officer has earned.

The Study Leave Assessment Board presents a list of training prorities for the Public Service, annually. This list identified those skills that are critical for the sustainability of the Government and are scarce.

All permanent and pensionable employees with at least three (3) years of service are eligible to apply for study leave through the Training Division.