Employees may select up to three checking or savings accounts to divide their pay through Direct Deposit.

No. You may use any eligible financial institution in the British Virgin Islands.

Complete the payroll authorisation form and submit to the Department of Human Resources.

Yes. In special circumstances, an officer may request leave without pay for up to four weeks per calendar year. Leave without pay must be requested in writing or by completing the Leave Application Form, through the line manager at least eight weeks in advance and is subject to the discretion of the Head of Department or Permanent Secretary and the Department of Human Resources.

An officer does not earn leave, when he or she is on study leave, additional sick leave, interdiction or leave without pay.

No. Public officers are required to use his or her earned annual leave within the year it is earned.

An officer is eligible for 14 days sick leave with pay within a calendar year.

Yes. We know that in order for our programme to be successful officers must have confidence that conversations will remain confidential. No records of visits or counseling sessions will be placed on the officers' personal file. In circumstances where the counselor believes an officer may pose a risk to him/herself or others, or if the court mandates it, our counselors are required to report the situation to the relevant authorities.

Government employees can receive help from the EAP Cousellor by calling the private line at 468-3205 or ext. 3991 or complete and submit an online request form.

Our counselor can help you overcome marital and or family discord, emotional distress, job related stress, alcohol abuse, grieving and loss, concerns about ageing parents, issues with children and more. However in certain situations the EAP Counsellor may refer you to an outside person or agency that can provide the specialised care you may need.