Tortola, Virgin Islands (British) VG1120
The Department of Agriculture and Fisheries is a Department under the Ministry of Education, Culture, Youth Affairs, Fisheries and Agriculture of the Government of the Virgin Islands.
The Department of Agriculture and Fisheries is responsible for ensuring food is safe, nutritionally sound, produced and harvested in an environmentally sustainable manner that builds resilience to internal and external shocks while contributing to the economic growth, social well-being and protection of the natural environment.
To be the key agency in the Virgin Islands for sustainable food security.
To ensure sustainable production, harvest and supply of safe, high quality food by regulating the agricultural and fisheries sectors.
We share the ethical values of the Virgin Islands Public Service, and pledge to be:
- Committed - Striving to give our best to every task.
- Responsive - Responding effectively to the needs of our clients.
- Supportive - Upholding all that is valid or right, giving emotional and moral support to clients and staff.
- Respectful - Showing courtesy, consideration, and deference for our clients’ requests.
- Open - Being accessible to all clients and staff.
- Diligent - Serving our clients with professionalism in a practical, conscientious, rigorous, and timely manner.
- Honest - Behaving ethically with integrity, loyalty and candour.
List of Services
List of Forms and Conditions
What's Happening Within Our Department?
|School Garden Initiative Continues To Grow||
11 May 2021 - 4:18pm
|New Public Pound To Address Roaming Livestock Problem||
7 May 2021 - 6:03pm
|Public Pound Opens on April 30||
27 Apr 2021 - 5:20pm
|Exhibition and Market Day will Feature Local Produce and Fish||
27 Apr 2021 - 4:03pm
|Farmers and Fishers Week Declared Open||
27 Apr 2021 - 1:42pm
|Naming Of Old Fisherman’s Wharf And Opening Ceremony||
20 Apr 2021 - 5:05pm
|Cooks Invited To Register For Fish Soup Competition||
19 Apr 2021 - 5:55pm
|Wharf To Be Named After The Late Omar Wallace Hodge||
19 Apr 2021 - 2:32pm
|Statement by Dr. the Honourable Natalio Wheatley - Farmers And Fishers Week 2021||
19 Apr 2021 - 12:07pm
|Entangled Whale In Nanny Cay Has Been Freed||
13 Apr 2021 - 4:45pm
Department Contact Information
To make contact with Department of Agriculture and Fisheries, see below for contact information:
Department of Agriculture and Fisheries
General Office - Paraquita Bay and Virgin Gorda - 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Abattoir - 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Airport - 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
General Office (Paraquita Bay) - 1(284) 468-6123/6124
Veterinary Unit - 1 (284) 468 - 6197
Virgin Gorda Office - 1(284) 468-6506/6507
Airport Office - 1(284) 468-6449