Licensing of vessels that provide tours for the territory.


Step 1:  Complete the Application Form for Recording Charter Vessel.(Must apply November 1st)

Step 2:  Submit application form to the Road Town Customs Office.

Step 3:  Pay relevant fees based on the length of the vessel; a Cruising Permit fee (per passenger) must also be paid at this time.

Step 3:  The Captain/Agent receives receipt of payment and license document.

Supporting Documents

No supporting documents are needed

Method of Applying

In Person

Turn Around Time

1 Business Day

Additional Notes

• Foreign boats are only allowed seven (7) charters for a registered year. For all details, please check with the Customs Department.

• Recreational Licensing documents must be kept on board at all times.

• Please see Fee Schedule for lists of fees.


Department Contact Information

Her Majesty's Customs

H.M Customs (Head Quarters)
Richard Stoutt Building  
Road Town, Tortola
Virgin Islands (British) VG1110

Business Hours:

Monday - Friday  
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Email Address:

Telephone: 1(284) 468-6852
Fax: 1(284) 494-6906