To search the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), enter your search terms or questions in the box above.

When submitting the Application for Burial Form to the Ministry to import human remains from overseas, you should also submit an authentic death certificate showing cause of death and a burial permit from the Civil Registry. A letter of approval and an Importation Certificate or a letter of disapproval will be sent to you within two working days.

To work for the Government of the Virgin Islands, you may be a citizen (Virginislander or Belonger), or permanent resident of the Territory or authorized in writing to work in Territory under federal Immigration Act. You will only be asked for proof if an offer of employment is made to you. To work anywhere in the BVI, you need a Social Insurance Number (SIN) which you get from the local Social Security Board.
You will likely not know if you are in conflict of interest for the position until you discuss your concerns with the hiring manager when you receive an offer of employment. Upon acceptance of a job offer and your role as a public officer, you will be required to follow the conflict of interest provisions to ensure that your work and relationships are managed openly, fairly and transparently.

Check our website at: as often as possible. 

When a client is not satisfied with the outcome of their application they may request a meeting with the Division Supervisor.  If they are not satisfied with the decision of the Division Supervisor, a request can be made to speak with the Chief Social Development Officer.  In the event that the meeting with the Chief Social Development Officer is not satisfactory a request can be made to have an audience with the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Health and Social Development.