To search the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), enter your search terms or questions in the box above.
1) Contact the principal of the school. 2) If you are still dissatisfied with the handling of the complaint, you may speak with the Chief Education Officer.

The Tribunal hearings and trials are normally held at its office and the hearings are held in a hearing room, except it is possible to hold hearings and trials by video conference. Hearings are heard before the Chairman sitting alone and the trial is heard before three members who together are referred to as the full panel. They are the Chairman who will run the proceedings, a person representing the complainant or all complainants and a person representing the respondent or all respondents, who are each appointed by the Minister on the recommendation of the parties once the person has been approved to be on the Roster of Accredited Labour Arbitrators.

As of 01 August 2020, the current Chairman is Mr. Jamal S. Smith, LLB(Hons.), MCIArb.

You make your recommendation by writing to the person you wish to recommend and having them complete a Form of Consent. If they are not already on the Roster of Accredited Labour Arbitrators then they must ­le an application to be entered on the Roster. The person you recommend cannot charge you any fee unless that fee agreement is disclosed to the Tribunal when ­ling the Form of Consent.

The atmosphere is like the High Court but slightly less formal. For example, there are no wigs or gowns, but evidence is taken on oath and there are rules about what happens. You must be appropriately dressed and follow the Rules of Etiquette that will be provided to you by the Secretary to the Tribunal.

Case Management Hearings are held in private, but trials with the full panel are open to the public, unless the parties agree to have the trial in private or there is an issue of con­fidentiality that arises where the Tribunal feels it is necessary to hold the trial in private.

A valid passport and if a visa is required, it should be included in the passport before entry into the territory.

There are two cases where more simple development applications can be reviewed and approved within the department. These generally include subdivisions up to five parcels and residential developments up to five units.

  • Amendment of Charges
  • Charges
  • Discharges
  • Easements
  • Judgment Charges
  • Leases
  • Powers of Attorney
  • Powers of Sale
  • Restrictive Agreements
  • Subleases
  • Surrender of Lease
  • Transfers
  • Transmissions
  • Variation of Charges