To search the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), enter your search terms or questions in the box above.

The Office of Gender Affairs deals with both males and females.

If you are not currently working in the Public Service and are not eligible for a seamless transfer, you may only be considered for vacancy notices which are open to the public and classified as external vacancies. Each vacancy notice will include qualification criteria outlining the minimum education or experience requirements an applicant must possess to be considered to qualified. Follow the instructions provided in the 'How to Apply' section. You will be competing against other applicants based on the information provided in your application, therefore, you must ensure you provide a complete and accurate explanation of your experience and qualifications.
We screen all applications and choose the most qualified applicants to participate in the evaluation process. The evaluation process consists of a variety of assessments, usually including an interview. This gives you the opportunity to show why you are the best person for the job. We then offer the job to the best-qualified candidate.
Apply in writing or submit a completed application form to the Department of Education at least six months prior to the opening of the institution. Submit with your application: a) A business plan or proposal b) A floor plan of the Institution The application should be made to the: Chief Education Officer Department of Education P.O. Box 72 Wickham’s Cay 1, Road Town Tortola, VG 1110 British Virgin Islands


Ships registered in the BVI, or those wishing to be registered to which the statutory certification applies, may be surveyed by the VISR surveyors or surveyors appointed by any of the seven authorised Classification Societies. Additionally, VISR may use surveyors from the MCA or other Red Ensign Group Registries, if deemed necessary.