To search the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), enter your search terms or questions in the box above.

Persons ordinarily residing in the territory for 20 years are eligible to apply for a Certificate of Residence. They should have a desire to live in the territory and have a good character.

Full details of visits and visit numbers can be found on this website.

Persons can apply for Belonger Status if they are in possession of a valid Certificate of Residence or is married to a Belonger and residing with spouse for five years in the territory.

An employee has to give his employer a medical certificate of illness no later than the second day of illness.


The only time the prison can lawfully hold a person is following a committal by the court, at that point they are remanded into prison custody and are handed over by the Police. The only exception to this rule is in immigration cases whereby the immigration service will issue a holding warrant and the person.