Submitted by SGibbs on 27 February 2019 - 9:34am
Internal Position No.:
MHSD 12 of 2019
The successful applicant will assist within all areas of the Solid Waste Department whilst preparing for technical training to ensure continuance of departmental standards.
- Prepares and types general correspondence as requested by the Administration Officer, to include purchase orders, vote book entries and filing to ensure department objectives are met.
- Assists Assistant Manager with Custom clearance and supplies procurement as required to ensure Custom efficiency.
- Attends meetings, workshops and training sessions as instructed to ensure awareness of any change in policies or procedures which may be relevant to your role.
- Assists Plant Manager with incinerator operations to ensure familiarity of day to day requirements.
- Attends daily field visits with Assistant Manager to ensure correct field assignments for sanitation workers.
- Attends landfill sites throughout BVI on a rotational basis to ensure regular inspections
- Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
- High School Certificate or equivalent
- Basic knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Good knowledge of relevant computer software applications
- Good knowledge of the use of standard office equipment
- Sound interpersonal and organisational skills
Wednesday, 13 March 2019