Submitted by ACorbin on 15 February 2018 - 9:47am
Internal Position No.:
6 of 2018
The successful applicant will assist to coordinate, assist and report on waste management field activities in a competent and efficient manner to ensure departmental objectives are met.
- Investigates and reports on complaints received from the general public to ensure action is taken to remedy problems in a timely manner.
- Monitors and supervises landfill site operations throughout BVI to ensure correct procedures are adhered to.
- Assists with preparation, approval and regular inspections of time sheets to ensure staff records are correct.
- Liaises daily with Senior Supervisor and Assistant Manager to coordinate and monitor clean-up activities throughout BVI to ensure timely resolution.
- Checks the condition of public structures of the Department and to take remedial actions as necessary to ensure structure safety.
- Assists Port Entry Custom officials with documentation and clearance procedures as required to ensure Custom efficiency.
- Performs any other duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officers in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the unit.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Health
- Two (2) years working experience in Waste Management or related field
- Good knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Good knowledge of relevant computer software applications
- Good knowledge of the use of standard office equipment
- Sound interpersonal and organisational skills
- Good supervisory and managerial skills
Wednesday, 28 February 2018